Who is Trish Blake-Jones?
Remaining neutral does not mean remaining inert. On the contrary, it takes empathy and optimism to take action, build (or rebuild) trust and support parties as they work toward resolution. Over 25 years of education, business management and leadership skills—including posts at Xerox and community-building in inner city Rochester—have honed my key mediator skills: to listen exceptionally, grasp complexity, guide negotiation and encourage positive outcomes with success.
Education & Training
Bachelors of Commerce degree and twenty-five years in marketing and personnel-related careers. 2014 Graduate Diploma in Conflict Resolution (Carleton University, Ottawa, ON). Two hundred additional hours in conflict training.
I am a certified Mediator with the Center for Dispute Settlement in Rochester and Canandaigua, regularly mediating court-referred custody and visitation cases, small claims and community disputes. In my private practice I mediate divorce, family and business conflict.
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) – national level.
- New York State Council for Divorce Mediation (NYSCDM) –state level. Also am a member of Publications Committee for this organization
- New York State Dispute Resolution Association (NYSDRA) – state level.
- Rochester Association of Family Mediators (RAFM) – county level.
- Center for Dispute Settlement – certified mediator for Custody/Visitation disputes and Community/Small Claims disputes
- Portland Avenue Revitalization Project – Steering committee member since 2008
- Portland Avenue Peace Garden – co-founder of inner-city community garden in 2011
- Pittsford Central School District – PTSA leadership roles in three schools since 2004